MUD Progress
Posted in MUD Development
First watch, 4 bells (10:21 pm)

I've been making a little progress on the MUD again. I don't work on it much, but it hasn't been building for a while, and I've got a drive to get it fixed so at least I can continue testing it.

I've made a few modifications lately, the biggest being changing the command objects to Singleton objects since that's the way I've been using them anyway. I've also been working on the get command, and as happens when a design gets better, it's shrinking in size. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap it up tomorrow, since Lorien will be working until almost 9:30pm tomorrow night anyway.

I've also been lax about source control. My current system is rolling up a tarball, bz2-compressing it, and dropping it into my gmail account. I really should get something a little more sophisticated. At some point I'm going to have to do something about it. But the goal right now is to get it building again, and to test out the get revision.

Leave a Comment »

Leave a Reply