Sleep Deprived
First dog watch, 1 bell (4:58 pm)

For the last three nights I've had trouble sleeping. Every night I lie awake for hours in a semi-conscious state something like I imagine meditation to be. Last night at 3am I finally got up and took some Tylenol PM hoping that I would sleep some. I woke up at 7. I can only hope that tonight I'll be so tired that I'll fall asleep quickly and sleep all night, though somehow I doubt it'll be that good.

6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Sleep Deprived”

1. Mae says:

Have you tried Lunesta? It's the only thing that works for me. Ambien gave me really bad night terrors and severe depression. Benedryl (which is the sleep agent in Tylenol PM) works somewhat ok but gives me restless leg.

Lunesta is VERY expensive if you don't have Rx insurance, but it's totally worth it. You should check it out.

2. Mae says:

Not sure if it posted my previous comment. You should try Lunesta. It's great.

3. Scurvy Jake says:

If a comment looks like spam my computer holds on to it for evaluation. So it's here now.

I haven't tried any prescription medicine, I'd rather not if I don't have to, but at some point you've got to do something. I'm sure it's just a bad time of year for me with all the pollen in the air. I'll see tonight, it's been raining today and that should wash some of it away.

4. Mae says:

I can see how it would think that was spam. Yeah, I was like you about not wanting to take prescription sleep aids because I'd really only heard bad things about them. I think they've improved a lot lately, especially the Lunesta. I don't really have any side effects other than it gives me a bad taste in my mouth. You could say I need it to sleep now, but duh, I have sleep problems already, which is why I was prescribed it.

Good luck with the allergies! They're kicking my butt this year and I usually only have a mild runny nose about two days a year.

5. andrew says:

Have you tried sleeping upside down?

6. Scurvy Jake says:

Hey now that's a great idea!