IQ Tests
Posted in General
Afternoon watch, 6 bells (3:25 pm)

I've taken a couple of IQ tests online, and though they say they're scientifically accurate, sometimes I wonder. I do find that I always score between 128 and 140, though. A difference of 12 points between 4 different tests isn't too bad. I guess if they're all inaccurate, at least they're inaccurate together.

Congratulations, Jacob!
Your IQ score is 135

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator.

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

That bit about the Facts Curator is really interesting, I do have lots of weird little facts in my head, including PI to a lot of digits (3.14159265358979323).

6 Comments »

6 Responses to “IQ Tests”

1. Jacob Adams says:

Would you believe it? Same first name, same score! But I am apparently a "visionary philosopher". Heh, heh, heh. I guess THAT part wasn't scientifically validated.

2. Jacob Adams says:

I also filled it out randomly. This yielded a score of 100 and a subtype of "word warrior". If pure chance can get an average score, I wonder how well a trained chimp could do?

3. Webmonster says:

Wow! What a great idea! I'm going back to do it randomly this time!

4. Webmonster says:

Hmm, I retook the test and got the following:

Congratulations, Jacob!
    Your IQ score is 138

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

5. Webmonster says:

Jacob, your Super IQ score is 133

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you an Intuitive Investigator. This means you have multiple talents and can do anything you set your mind to. You're able to detect numerical patterns easily and are able to grasp the true complexity of the world, both in its details and in a more abstract form. You've got a sharp logical mind and are adept at using words to get even a difficult point across. The combination of all these things makes you truly brilliant.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Intuitive Investigator? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Intuitive Investigator. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

6. Webmonster says:

I took another test today and got a 138. From what is available online, I'd say it's about as accurate as I can get. It's a number I get repeatedly.